Terms & Conditions
Use of Continental University of Florida (hereinafter "CUF") education services constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter the "Terms"). In its sole discretion, CUF reserves the right to revise the Terms at any time. Revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting. In the event of material changes to the Terms, CUF will take reasonable steps to notify students. In any event, your continued use of the Services following the posting of such changes, with or without notice, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
Terms on content
CUF reserves the right to adjust at any time the curriculum of programs offered in Spanish fully online.
CUF will inform students of any changes made and specify alternative curriculum, if necessary.
1. Add/Remove period:
Students may only add or drop registered courses during the first week of classes of an eight-week intensive academic term. This is known as the "add/drop" period and ends at midnight on the eighth day of each academic term. Within this period, students may withdraw from any classes in which they are registered and receive a full refund of tuition for those classes. In addition, withdrawal during the "add/drop" period will not result in a grade being issued and will not affect the student's GPA or SAP.
2. Course Withdrawal:
A student who wishes to withdraw from a course may do so, without affecting the student's GPA or SAP, during the period ending at midnight on the eighth day of the eight-week academic term. This is known as the "add/drop" period. If a student withdraws after the add/drop period has ended, but before the end of the sixth (6th) week of classes, the student will be assigned a grade of "W" in that course. This withdrawal will not affect the student's GPA, but will be counted for SAP calculations. A student who fails to comply with the withdrawal procedure will be considered to have failed that course and will be assigned a grade of "F", which will affect both the GPA and SAP computation.
3. Administrative Withdrawal of Courses:
CUF reserves the right to withdraw courses from those offered in a particular eight-week academic term due to low enrollment in a particular course or unexpected circumstances. If students withdraw from courses as a result of the administration's adjustment, a refund will be issued in accordance with CUF's refund policy.
4. Withdrawal of Registration:
Any student who decides to withdraw completely and officially from CUF is expected to notify the Registrar's Office, in writing, prior to or immediately following the date of withdrawal from classes. Failure to comply with this procedure may cause the student to receive grades unnecessarily. If applicable, tuition will be refunded in accordance with the refund policy.
CUF is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education of the Florida Department of Education. - United States, so all prices shown are in U.S. dollars (USD).
CUF has established the tuition cost per credit and the number of credits per 16 weeks assigned for each program chosen.
CUF reserves the right to modify courses of study, course content, fees, program requirements, class schedules and the academic calendar, as well as any other changes it deems necessary or desirable, with advance notice whenever possible. Payment options and promotions available to students may change at any time.
1. Tuition charges:
This is the amount of tuition fees.
2. Technology fee:
CUF charges an additional fee for the technology service. This fee must be paid for each academic term along with the first installment of the tuition payment, this fee allows us to:
- Expand/improve the quality of the academic experience through the use of technology in support of the curriculum.
- Charges for platform licenses, LMS and access to digital content resources.
3. Tuition Fees:
This is a one-time payment; if you change careers or enroll in a second career, another payment is made.
In the event that the student is expelled or voluntarily cancels his or her enrollment or withdraws for any reason, the student may be entitled to a refund, which will be made following the rules detailed below.
The student must request a refund in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadlines established in these rules.
The refund process has a maximum duration of thirty (30) calendar days, in which the refund will be effective according to the rules and assumptions detailed below:
1. Tuition Fee:
- If CUF cancels Enrollment for any of the reasons listed in the student's expulsion section and before the end of the student's first academic term, there will be a full refund of tuition fees paid.
- If CUF cancels enrollment at any time after the student completes his/her first academic term, there will be NO refund of tuition fees.
- If the student notifies CUF of the termination of their tuition by midnight of the third (3rd) business day after payment is made, the amount will be refunded in full.
- If the student completes the termination of his/her tuition at CUF AFTER the end of the third business day following the day the tuition fee was paid, there will be NO refund of tuition fees.
2. Tuition Fees:
- In the event the student withdraws or is withdrawn from the academic period within eight (8) days of the beginning of the academic period (hereinafter "Withdrawal/Adddd period"), the full amount paid for the period will be refunded.
- If the student withdraws or is withdrawn from one or more courses before the end of the Drop/Add Period and remains enrolled in one or more courses, then the refund of tuition payments will be limited to the amounts paid for the courses from which you withdraw or are withdrawn.
- Tuition for each academic term is payable in four (4) installments. The first at the beginning of the academic term and the next three (3) installments on the first day of each subsequent month during each academic term. Students who withdraw after the end of the withdrawal/addition period are not obligated to pay the outstanding fees for that period.
- Any cancellation notified after the end of the drop/add period will not result in a refund of tuition charges.
3. Technology fee:
- The Technology Fee will be refunded in full when the student withdraws or disenrolls prior to the end of the drop/add period.
- The Technology Fee will not be refundable for students who withdraw from a course and continue enrollment in one or more courses.
- Any cancellation notified after the end of the drop/add period will not result in a refund of the Technology Fee.
4. Books and/or Supplies:
- The cost of textbooks and/or supplies is NOT included in tuition and is NOT reimbursable by CUF.
5. Completion Date:
- The Termination Date will be the earlier of (1) the last day the student participated in the class, (2) the date the university sent notice of withdrawal to the student, or (3) the date the university receives notice from the student to cancel enrollment or withdraw from the academic term or a course within an academic term.
- Refunds will be issued within thirty (30) days of the Termination Date.
- Access to and use of the site and content is solely for the student's academic development purposes only. CUF shall have no liability for use by third parties or use outside the scope hereof.
- CUF reserves the right to suggest sites, sub-sites or material outside the site and CUF to the extent that they are of interest to students. CUF is not responsible in any way for such sites and materials, nor is CUF responsible for students' access to or use of such sites and materials.